Saturday 30 August 2014

Looking Back At: August 2014

So, August seemed to start of with me having a doctor's appointment which then lead to me having a blood test. I hate needles. It's something that I still haven't seem to have gotten over, even having my jabs in school and my MMR just last year. So, I ended up taking my sister in with me to hold my hand. The nurse was lovely though which is always an upside and when I get nervous I tend to laugh and you can guess what happened whilst she was taking my blood. I just started to laugh and she asked me whether I was laughing or crying. I had to try and stop moving because the needle was still in my arm. I can safely say that I am still not over my fear of needles after that blood test and hurt my sister's hand pretty badly. Thankfully though, the tests came back all okay.

My sister had her graduation party earlier on in August. We were fasting when she had graduated so we didn't get the chance to do anything. So, my Dad ended up throwing a party for her and invited a lot f friends and family down. It was a really nice day to be honest, if not a little bit tiring. 

August saw me getting my National Insurance number so I can now start applying for jobs. I started and finished my CV which was an interesting experience after hunting a while for a template. But it's al sorted now and I'm going to be keeping an eye out for some Christmas jobs. 

My parents went away to Istanbul on a four day holiday, a present from my sister after her graduation as a thank you. So,for four days it was just me and her in the house! We ended up taking a trip down to Cardiff where we both ended up buying some more books and went to 'Ruby Tuesdays' for food, which was amazing as usual. As well as that, we watched a lot of movies. It was a really nice and relaxing time to spend with my sister. 

The day that my parents were on the way home was also my results day. More than anything, I was anxious. Year 10s weren't allowed in until 12 so when I woke up I had a lot of time on my hands. I ended up looking on twitter at the year 11s tweets and was so happy to see so many of them get the results that they had wanted and exceed their expectations. Half past 12 rolled around and I went to meet two of my friends at school. I opened my envelope without hesitating and was over the moon to see what was on there. For this year I ended up getting: 

Science: A 
Foundation Tier Maths: C
English Language: A 
Welsh Short Course: B 
History - Medicine and Health: A
Resistant Materials Controlled Assessment: A 
Those results were so much better than I could hope for! I still have another two papers to sit for history and I have higher tier maths to sit in November which isn't far away but at least I know that these ones are behind me and done and dusted with. 

After results though I started preparing myself to go back to school. Falling back into a good sleeping patten and making sure I had everything I needed to start year 11. Getting ready also meant me having my annual eye test and my haircut. The eye test lead to me needing new lenses, which I'm waiting on, because there's a small change in my eye sight. My haircut left me not looking so much of a mess, my hair's a lot more tame now and I can actually tell where my fringe starts and ends since I got it cut back in. 

I have been making some slow and steady progress with my robotic mechanical arm and I'm really enjoying making it. It's pretty relaxing to be honest, expect when I think that I've nearly lost a bolt and I've lost a screw. It's be really relaxing and enjoyable to make.There will be more updates on that, with a lot more picture posted 

I've been in the progress of incorporating some more lifestyle posts into my blog as I am a lifestyle and book blogger. I've got a few features in my mind for it, which I'm really looking forward to posting! 

Reading wise it hasn't been too much of a bad month and I finished four more books than I
usually do, since I normally average out about four books per month. I read: 

  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 
  • Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan 
  • Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver (Reread) 
  • An Elephant in the Garden by Michael Mopurgo 
  • Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (Reread)
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini 
  • Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne 
I'm currently in the midst of reading: 
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer 
Quote of the Month: 

 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment