Saturday 16 August 2014

Book Review: Far From You


Title: Far From You
Author: Tess Sharpe
Publisher: Indigo
Release Date:  27/03/2014
Pages: 352
Service: Gift
Format: Paperback
Buy: Book Depository
Author Twitter: @sharpegirl

'Nine months, two weeks, six days. 

That's how long recovering addict Sophie's been drug-free. Four months ago her best friend, Mina, dies in what everyone thinks was a drug deal gone wrong - a deal they think Sophie set up. Only Sophie knows the truth. She and Mina shared a secret, but there was no drug deal. Mina was deliberately murdered. 

Forced into rehab for an addiction she'd already beaten, Sophie's finally out and on the trail of the killer - but can she track them down before they come for her? 
This was a book that seemed to have a huge amount of hype surrounding it and I was really excited to read it. My sister got the book for me before exams and I told myself that I wasn't going to touch it until my exams were over so I could sit and enjoy it properly. And I'm glad I waited because I finished this book within three days. I absolutely loved it!

One of the things that I really, really like about this book was that even though it was in Sophie's point of view, it wasn't always what was going on with her at the time. There would be a chapter with what was going on and the next chapter would be linked to the previous one only it would be about something in the past. At the start of the chapter you were told how long ago it was and how old she was at the time so it wasn't confusing. It was a great way to get to know her character a lot better and you understood in a lot more depths why things had happened and why she did certain things. 


There were a lot of surprises in the book but I don't want to share any of them and spoil the book for you guys. There were some that I was expecting and there were some that I really wasn't expecting at all. It was nice to not guess everything though, it gave the book a little more punch to it. 


Sharpe really smartly wove this book together and the events that were going on which made it an extremely enjoyable read. When I say that she was going back to earlier times with the characters, I did think it would be confusing and that I wouldn't be able to understand what was going on but instead it made the book a lot more enjoyable. She made sure that you were constantly guessing. About four chapter into the book I was already trying to come up with theories so I could try and guess the murderer.

I did hope that the book would have ended a little bit differently but it did put things to rest and tie up some loose ends. I was hoping to hear more about some of the other character but it was from Sophie's point of view so we weren't able to have that. 

This was a book that I thoroughly enjoyed though and I would recommend it to just about anyone. 

Rating: ★1/2 



 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment