Wednesday 3 September 2014

Dreads & Dreams: Year 11



For those of you who don't know September 2nd marked the first day of my last year in secondary school. I'm going into year eleven and since my school doesn't have a sixth form, it will be my last year in that school. This is something that I'm really looking forward to and slightly dreading.Year eleven, I know, is going to bring along a lot of things. Both things that I am looking forward to and things that I'm not looking forward to so much. 

Dreads

So, let's start of with a few of the things that I am dreading about year eleven. It's going to be a year that I know will be full of exams. Whether they'll be mocks or my actual exams, they'll be there from November and having revision sessions starting up in September. Exams are one thing that I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing next year. It's going to be a busy year, but I don't mind that so much since I like being busy. 

As well as that, it is the last year that I get to spend with my year group. I know that we don't always get along with each other but these are still the people who I've grown up with for five years of my life. We've watched each other grow up from nervous year sevens to the oldest in the school. I've been in the same form class throughout the whole secondary school, so I think it's going to be a little weird not seeing the same faces in the morning when we're done. 

Dreams

Year 11 does mean finishing the year a little earlier than the rest of the school. As soon as exams are over in the middle of June, I'll be finished. It'll be nice to have a few more weeks off on Summer before starting college. 

My leavers' assembly and my yearbook are also two things that will be happening at the end of the year. The deadline for our yearbook photos is this December so I'm looking forward to bringing a few photos in and seeing what the finished product is going to be. I'm really interested to see what our leavers' assembly will be like. The year above me ended up having a flash mob during their assembly, so my whole year group is wondering if anything will be happening in our one. 

Prom! This is one thing that I am really, really looking forward to. I don't dress up very often and people in school don't see me in dresses or with make up on, so it's going to be different. It's just going to be a nice night to spend with my year group and teachers and a final farewell to all of them. As well as just celebrating the fact that exams are over with everyone. 

So, those are the things that I'm both looking forward to and dreading about year eleven. 

 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment