Saturday 7 December 2013

Music Challenge: A is for 'Anything Could Happen' by Ellie Goulding

So, every week I’m going to be posting a music video or some lyrics with a title of a song beginning with a letter of the alphabet until I get to the end.





This week’s song is Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding.

I've been in love with this song ever since it first came out. Whenever I listen to this song I always think that no matter what’s going on in your life, things can get better and you never know what’s going to be around the corner. That sometimes we let these bad things get to us and let them rule over our lives like we need it to but then something happens and it completely changes our view on it.

The lyric that really gets to me throughout the whole song is when it goes, “I’ll give you everything you need, but I don’t think I need you.” It’s like she’s finally letting go of someone who held her back no matter what she could do for someone and, personally, I find that part inspiring on it’s on. It just makes me feel as though it’s okay to admit that you don’t need a person in your life anymore.

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the song, below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment