Tuesday 1 July 2014

Looking Back At: June 2014


June has very much been a month that has sort of just merged into May, I really didn't know when the month had begun or where the days went. Especially during the beginning of the month, which was partially a good thing and I finished my last five exams at the beginning of June. They were extremely nice to get done and over with so I shall just be waiting on the results of those. 

Thankfully, it's been a more exciting month that May has been which is always good since I didn't feel like anything really happened in May. My sister @pagex394 has finally finished her degree after three years of extremely hard work. You guys might have seen my little freak out on twitter, which went a little something like this: 



If you didn't guess I'm extremely proud of her and cannot wait to see her graduate! 
I also finished my practice expedition and my actual expedition for my Bronze Duke of Edinburgh.. My practice expedition was absolutely amazing. That's not to say that it wasn't hard, I felt like I was dying but the views and that sense of accomplishment was phenomenal. My group did get lost a fair few times but we got there in the end. The expedition was a lot better. We all knew what to expect and what we were heading into this time but I don't think anything could prepare us for the heat that weekend. We didn't get that lost on the first day and got to camp in one piece. We ended up playing  few games before we decided that it was probably best to settle down for the night. The second day was a little more problematic... My group ended up being lost... for five hours... But the good news is that we got home in the end! And I've passed my expedition. All I have to do now is just upload pictures of all the otehr parts that go towards my DofE and I should hopefully get my certificate!

My school also had their annual Orchestra Day towards the end of the month. We didn't end up having one last year because both of my music teachers were off on maternity leave. I was so excited for this one though because having a whole day of just playing violin is bliss for me. It was such an amazing feeling and the concert went pretty well. The highlight of that day was hearing our staff choir. 

I also ended up seeing off our year 11s to Prom. Our year group got asked if a few of us could help out with the mocktails in the hall before the year 11s got on the bus to go to Prom and I said that I would help out. We didn't really do much, majority of the time we were just saying hi to people and looking at their dresses. It's so weird to think that it's going to be me this time next year! 

I also finished my exams, which was a huge relief but at the moment, it felt like I finished them ages ago when it was only about two weeks ago! I'm not going to get the results to those exams until September so I'm just going to have to wait and see how they went! 

Caught up on some reading this month and there were some really, really good reads. This month I read: 


  • The Pledge by Kimberly Derting 
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck 
  • Heroes by Robert Cormier 
  • The Real Prom Queens of Westfield High by Laurie Boyle Crompton 
And I'm in the midst of reading: 

  • Outshine by Nola Decker
I think I'm on track for my Goodreads reading challenge and hopefully I should be able to get through a good few more book in July. I am determined to finish Outshine since I've been reading it for a while now! 

Hope all of you have an awesome June!



No comments:

Post a Comment