Saturday 26 July 2014

Book Review: Blood Promise

Title: Blood Promise
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Series: Vampire Academy #4
Release Date: 25/08/2009
Pages: 512
Format: Paperback

Buy: Book Depository
Author Twitter: @RichelleMead

'The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them... including Dimitri. He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her, Lissa - the one she has sworn to protect no matter what - and keep the promise Dimitri begged to make her long ago. But with everything else at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves the most?

I have loved the Vampire Academy series so much. If I were going to be honest with you though, this wasn't exactly my favourite book in the series and I didn't enjoy it so much. 

I have loved the way Mead has developed Rose's character throughout the series but I think this is the one book where I didn't feel like I could connect with Rose's character. I understood a lot of the actions Rose did throughout the book but I just didn't feel interested in her character. She just felt extremely flat in this book. I mean, I understand she couldn't be as happy and perky as she was in the other books but I just didn't really get anything from her character in this book. 


What I really did like about this book was the fact that we were taken to Dimitri's home town of Siberia. I absolutely loved the way it was all described and I could picture everything in my head and almost feel as though I was there. I was nice to be taken quite far from St. Vladimir's and see how Rose is out of the school and just be able to see the way Moroi, guardians and Strigoi work in the normal world. 



There were some really interesting characters that you meet along the way in the book which make the book quite interesting. You want to know so much more about people like Avery and Abe. Abe especially, who seems very mysterious. I made quite a few guesses about what was going on about him and who he was, guesses where I ended up right but that still did surprise me because I didn't think I was going to be. 



The ending was something that I hadn't really be expecting and was a huge cliff hanger. I wanted to start the next book so badly! 



Overall, probably not my favourite VA book. It did feel like it dragged quite a bit but definitely worth the read for any fans of the series: 


Rating: ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment