Saturday 10 May 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag

So, Zara over on Page 394 did the chocolate book tag on Youtube and tagged me in it and I shall be doing this tag in written form! I'm really looking forward to this one since it's the first tag that I'm doing on here. So, here goes nothing. 


Dark Chocolate - A book that covers a dark topic (abuse, domestic violence, rape, loneliness, bullying, death etc) 


For this one, I'm going to have to pick Undone by Cat Clarke. The whole book just covered a darker subject of death and suicide and the aftermath of it. 


White Chocolate - Your favourite light hearted/humorous read


This one is pretty easy and it's quite a short story that's only available in ebook format but it has to be What Really Happened In Peru (The Bane Chronicles #1) by Cassandra Clare. I'm a huge fan of Magnus Bane who never seems to fail to make me smile. This ebook had be grinning to myself and I can't wait to read the rest of the series that is currently waiting for me on my tablet.


Milk Chocolate - A book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read


I think that one is going to have to be The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner. I've seen a lot of hype about this book on tumblr and twitter and I always seen it in the teens section in Waterstones and I am dying to read it now! Hopefully I will soon! 


Chocolate with a Caramel Centre - Name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it


For this one I'm going to say Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. I'd say this is more of a Christmas time read since it is set around Christmas. It's just one of those books that makes you feel all festive and by the end just makes me want to go "awwww". 


Wafer Free Kit Kat - Name a book that surprised you lately


I've had a hard time picking something out for this one but I've gone with The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness. There were a lot of things about this book that surprised me to be honest, I enjoyed it so much more than I though I would have done. 


Snickers - A book that you are going nuts about


The School For Good and Evil (The School For Good and Evil #1) by Soman Chainani. I loved this book from the minute that I started to read it and I can't wait to get the next book in the series. Every single time I put down the book after reading it I'd just turn to someone and tell them how much I loved it. If there wasn't anyone around I'd just fangirl to myself about it! It's just so good! 


Hot Chocolate with Cream and Marshmallows - What book would you turn to for a comfort read?

I'd probably turn to the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling for comfort. I know that they're a set of books that would make me feel better if I was just having a bad day. I just know that I could turn to these books no matter what. 


Box of Chocolates - What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and a little something for everyone?


For this one, I'm going to pick The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver. It's got a lot of action, small touches of romance, so many twists and turns and a lot of different types of characters. 

So, that is my Chocolate Book Tag and I tag 

Finnoula @ Books for Birds
Miguel @ The Quirky Reader
Hope you guys have fun with this tag!



No comments:

Post a Comment