Saturday 6 February 2016

Looking Back At: January 2016

What's Been Going On?

For me, January is always a month that's slow to go by and it's never the happiest of months after the high energy of Christmas quickly come crashing down. Heading back to school does nothing to help that either and after finishing my first term in sixth form the school thought that it would be a great time to start mock exams off. So, heading back to school was exactly a cheerful experience at the beginning of the month. Thankfully, I only had four mocks to sit: two maths, one economics and one for physics. And respectively I ended up getting 2 As, a B and a C which I was definitely pleased with. 

Other than that, it's been a pretty quiet month. I've seen the arrival of my new bookcase which I was extremely excited for. My room had been painted in August and since then my books have been residing in boxes in my parents' room since I haven't been able to find a bookcase that I've liked and would fit in my room since I haven't got much space. But I finally found one and nothing has brought me greater joy than to see my book all lined up on shelves. 

I've been slowly getting myself back into blogging and it's been helping me find a balance between school work and just having me time again. It's been so nice to just be able to write since all of my subjects are maths based. Hopefully, I'm going to be able to keep this up for now, even if I'm just posting twice a month to start of with until I get back into the swing of things again. 

Books?

I'm so glad that this has been a month that I've slowly been able to get back into reading. I set my reading challenge a lot lower than previous years, down to 15 books but I had to make it realistic. I've been so busy with sixth form, I wasn't sure how much time I would have to read when summer came along and towards the end of the year when I'll hopefully be applying to Uni. But, whilst it's been quiet I thought I would get a head start. 

So, here's what I've managed to read:  
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo 
  • Binge by Tyler Oakley 
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K Rowling 
And I'm currently reading: 
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
  • The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen 

Instagram

A photo posted by Saira Ahmed (@sai_498) on





I hope you all have had a good start to the year! 

 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a rocking January just like me. It was a great start of the year; we all enjoyed a lot there at a party at venues in Los Angeles with all friends. We drank, we danced and enjoyed the even to its fullest.

    ReplyDelete