Wednesday 17 February 2016

Book Review: Pretty Little Liars

Title: Pretty Little Liars 
Author: Sara Shepard 
Publisher: Atom 
Series: Pretty Little Liars #1
Release Date: 01/11/2010
Pages: 244
Service: Gift
Format: Paperback
Buy: Book Depository 
Author Twitter: @sarabooks

'Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back?'




'Pretty Little Liars' is a book that will no doubt set you on edge at the very first chapter. I was hooked on it to find out what was going to happen. I had this book as a gift from my sister after we started to watch the TV show and were obsessed with it . After finding out it was a book, I really wanted to read it. 

Shepard knows exactly how to set her readers on the edge of their seat and has woven suspense in a way that makes you want to keep on reading but put the book down all at the same time. This book was so creepy for me, I never reread it in the nights and have to make sure that there are people around me. But don't let that put you off because that is the exact reason that you should read it! 

I was worried that the secrets that the four would hold wouldn't be realistic but they are and they're ones that I think some people can relate to. The book is a constant page turner and I found myself getting attached to Spencer and Aria the most in the book, just because of the fact that I was mostly interested in their stories and thought that we could have heard a little bit more about Emily and Hannah. 

Half of the time, I had no idea where the book was going to go and what was going to happen next. Shepard does her best to make the book predictable in terms of who is sending the text messages and I just couldn't guess at all who it was and I still don't have a clue. 

I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give away the secrets and I don't the suspense in the book to be lost. All I will say though is that it's left on a huge cliffhanger that leaves you wanting to read the rest of the series. 

Favourite Quote: 




Rating: 
 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment