Saturday 1 November 2014

Looking Back At: October 2014


Another month has gone by so quickly and I'm really finding it hard to believe that October has come to an end and we're just over a month away from Christmas. It feels absolutely crazy but there isn't anything I can do about it. 

Compared to September, October has been a relatively quiet month but I've appreciated that if I'm honest with you. Every once in a while, it's nice to have a month which isn't so packed with different things to do and is just a little more relaxing. It gave me so me much needed time to sort myself out. 

Looking back at October, it really was a month where I finally felt like I had a routine back with school. I sorted out some after school revision sessions and organised my school work. Controlled Assessments were started, finished and are in the midst of being planned. School wise, it was a pretty productive month and it's surprising how much, as a class, we managed to get things done. 

Duke of Edinburgh has started up again as we've now officially had two meetings. Admittedly one meeting was to decided when we were going to have all our other meetings. The second meeting I wasn't really sure what we were supposed to be doing. What I have managed to talk to my teacher about is doing a little bit of a film whilst we're on DofE. A lot of things go on during our training, practice and qualifying expedition. More than just learning how to read a map or do first aid. We have such an a amazing time with so many laughs on the way that I wanted to document it all and then compile it into one video. So, my leader has given me the go ahead for that, he even has a water and shockproof camera that he's letting me borrow for when we're out training. It's one thing that I really can't wait to do! 

Other than that though, my month was quite quiet and was spent just doing homework and assessment preparation. 

Book wise wasn't really a busy month either but I thought I'd only be able to finish one book with the rate that I was going. In the end, I managed to finish: 
  • A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani 
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green 
  • Paper Swans by Jessica Thompson 

And I'm currently reading: 
  • 1984 by George Orwell 
I'm still managing to be two books ahead of schedule, so I'm somehow hoping that I'll be able to keep that up or at least stay on track so I can finish my challenge for this year. 


Quote of the Month: 

 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment