Wednesday 9 April 2014

National Poetry Writing Month

April brings along National Poetry writing month which is also known as NaPoWriMo. Now, I’ve done NaNoWriMo and I wanted to see if there was something for Poetry. I ended up finding out that WordxWord do something called 30x30. You have to write thirty poems in thirty days.

Normally when I write any kind of poetry it takes me some time and I tend to go back and edit a lot and I thought that this would be a bit of a challenge for me. So, I signed up and got my first prompt on March 31st. You can send them into the site but I ended up deciding against that in the end and just took the prompts and wrote the poems. I’m still in the midst of doing this and I’m looking forward to seeing if I can complete the challenge.

I’ve had a few prompts through and sometimes I’m taking the literal route with them, sometimes I’m just writing around the box! It just depends but I really am enjoying this and hopefully I might end up doing this next year as well.

Hopefully, after April and some editing of poems I might end up posting some of them on here. So, we shall see how that goes. I really hope that I can complete this challenge but only time will tell!


Is anyone else doing the 30/30 challenge and if so how is it going? 


No comments:

Post a Comment