Monday 3 February 2014

Looking Back At: January 2014

January is already gone and I really can’t believe it. I tend to find that January is a month that drags by after the huge hype of Christmas and New Year’s. This year though, it seems like it’s gone by pretty fast and if that means seeing the last of this appalling weather then I will be more than happy to say goodbye to it. 

It’s not been an extremely exciting month for me. To be honest, I’ve just been trying to get back into the swing of things with school. It’s been pretty busy and I’m just trying to make sure that I’m keeping on top of all of my work. School has been school and there’s not much else to say on that topic. 

Llanelli Bay Training Day 
I’ve been spending this month becoming a secret agent, with my sister’s 21st birthday approaching very quickly, I’ve been planning out her birthday party and trying to make sure that she doesn’t find anything out. Sometimes I really would love going into party planning, then I see how unorganised I am when it comes to it and think again. 

January saw me doing my second Duke of Edinburgh training day which is only making me look forward to my actual expedition. It’s made me talk to the people in my group a lot more and we have a laugh even outside of training now. I’m looking forward to my next training day now, which is in March, so it’s a little bit of a wait. 

I also signed up for the Ninja Book Swap for Valentine’s Day that I cannot wait to do. I’ve never done a book swap before and the girls who are running it seem like such lovely people. It’s going to be amazing! 

My reading goal for this year was to get through 50 books. I didn’t feel like I read as much as I could last year and I really wanted to be able to read more again. So, here are the books I had gotten through in January. 

The Shadowhunter’s Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis 
A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak #1) by Darren Shan 
The Glimpse by Claire Merle 
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 
What Really Happened In Peru (The Bane Chronicles #1) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan 
The Boy In Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne 

I really didn’t think I would be able to get through all of those books but I have loved them all and cannot wait to get onto reading some more this month. Though, I have no clue what I want to read next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment